Monday, September 28, 2009


As most of you know, I have some O.C.D. in me, and I am very planned out and organized. Whether I am planning out my day, what I need to do tomorrow, what I need to get done or what my plans are for the upcoming week, or what my goals and plans are for the next year, and even the rest of my life. I like to have a plan!! I'm afraid I've been this way most of my life. As a child and especially a teenager, I always liked to look forward to the upcoming years of my life. (Turns out, I should have stay more focused on the present time :)) I had all the "ideal images" in my head for where I would be and what I would be doing at certain points in my life. As far as I was concerned, I had it all figured out and everything was going to turn out JUST how I planned it....WRONG!!! As my 25th birthday is approaching in a few days, I come to realize that my "plan" that I had as a teenager is nowhere NEAR what I thought it would be by the time I was 25. In fact, it could not be more opposite... But, despite the fact that my "plan" and "image" failed, I could not be happier with Heavenly Father's plan for me instead. I like to think that while I was dreaming up my life, He was probably chuckling and thinking "girl, you have no idea what you are in for!" :) Not really, but I really had no clue what I was in for... Just when I think that I can't do it anymore, and life is too hard, and my situation is too heavy on my shoulders, I am given more strength and endurance to keep going a little further. Happens every time. I do not wish this situation upon anyone, but I know it was handed to me for a reason. I have been blessed with so many things in my life, but my #1 blessing so far has been my son. Again, just when I think I can't do it anymore, all I have to do is look at him and then I remember that I CAN do this. I know we are all guilty of sitting on our "pity potty" once in a while, and I probably sit on mine more often than I should... But it doesn't take me too long to remember my blessings and what I am thankful for. The picture above is one I took a few weeks ago near my house of the sun setting. It is images like this that help me to remember how lucky we are to enjoy the beauty of this earth that God created for us to life a happy and healthy life and return to him someday. I am so grateful for the family and friends and examples that I am surrounded by. I love you all so much!!

And always remember...
"It's ok to sit on your pity potty once in awhile, just remember to flush when you are finished" :)


2 comments:

  1. I just love you to pieces Tianne and think you are a wonderful person. Carsyn is very lucky to have such a good momma! Beautiful picture bytheway. Happy Birthday (on the 4th right?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny to think of what we imagined life to be like when we were in high school?! I just have to say that I think you are an amazing woman and I admire your testimony and outlook on life. Carsyn is just as lucky to have you as you are to have him! Keep being you and trusting in Heavenly Father and things will keep working out for you guys. I hope you have a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete